Vision & Mission
The Sierra County Adult Education School is dedicated to supporting the District’s vision that all students can succeed academically by meeting every adult learner where they are in their life’s journey and assist them with attaining their goals of higher learning and employability skills.
The Adult School mission is that every adult student will be supported and encouraged in a safe and comfortable learning environment, equipping them with the skills and tools to be successful in the current job market.
This mission will be accomplished by:
- Developing and strengthening adult basic skills to completion of a High School diploma or equivalent; using relevant skills to resolve real world problems that adults experience in their daily lives.
- Providing opportunities to obtain short and long term job skill certifications that lead directly into new employment or advancement with their current employer.
- Partner with local and regional Workforce Accountability Boards to strengthen employment placement or advancement within current career.
Adult Basic Education, High School Diploma and equivalency courses are accepting applications for enrollment on an ongoing process. Call or email for more information. 530-993-1660 ex: 180 or contact Wendy Jackson.
Announcements & News
OFFERING BOTH IN-PERSON AND ONLINE Programs in loyalton, Downieville, pike – Aleghany
• High School Diploma
• College Transition
• GED Preparation
• ESL / Conversational Spanish
• CTE, EMT, Fire Training
• Culinary Arts
• Job Skills Readiness
• Basic Computers
• Adult Basic Education
• Career and TechnicalEducation
• Sign Language ~ ASL
Visit the California Adult Education Website