Written by Niecea Wilson, a graduate of Loyalton High School and Fulbright Teaching Assistant in Czech Republic this year. Congratulations to Sierra-Plumas Joint School District for having two Fulbright Awardees come out of its great schools! ... See MoreSee Less
“How about: It’s quality, not quantity?” my dad proposed, wearing a grin. We were brainstorming city slogans for Loyalton, California, my hometown of 800 people nestled in the Sierra Nevada mountains—now named “the Loneliest Town in America.” We all laughed. On the surface, country liv...
It’s that time of year again, we are able to provide so much for our sports teams from this amazing fund raiser and the communities generous support! Get your tickets while we have them. ... See MoreSee Less
Interstate 80 Closed ~Blizzard and white out conditions. photos by firstname.lastname@example.org a locally owned and managed vacation rental in Sierra City Ca. ... See MoreSee Less
The World Health Organization (WHO) recently added gaming disorder to its list of addictions. What is internet gaming disorder and what are the signs and symptoms that your child may be dealing with this mental health condition?
We will be selling plants, seeds, calendula salve, a compost tumbler and a Worm Factory vermicomposter.We will be selling plants, seeds, calendula salve, a compost tumbler and a Worm Factory vermicomposter. ... See MoreSee Less
Make sure your state conference applications are to today.....either in person because I’m at school or email, photo then email. Application is in the comments if you forgot yours at school.... ... See MoreSee Less
I am still at school.....here is the app if you left it at home....send it fill out to my school email.
Application for the 91th Annual State Leadership Conference - April 25-28, 2019
Speaking Finals are April 22-25, 2019
SEMESTERS OF AGRICULTURE CLASSES TAKEN ___x1 pt
Number of Chapter Level Activities this year ___x 2
Number of Section Level Activities this year ___x2
Number of Region Level Activities ___x2
Number of State Level Activities ___x2
Explain your team involvement:
Number of National Level Activities ___x2
NUMBER OF FFA SAE PROJECTS COMPLETED/IN PROGRESS ___x2
Total FFA points _____________
Explain why you want to go to the CA State FFA Conference as a delegate, press corps, or speaking contests. Only have room for 2-3 so show me….
Have you let the department down? Explain. Are you dependable? Explain.______________________________________________________________________
Are you grades up to par? Do your teachers know you could be gone for 4-5 days from class?
We will be leaving Loyalton on April 23th, 2019 traveling with Butte Valley, on their bus, driving down through 395 and stopping to tour a few Ag facilitates on the way. We will be staying with other Superior Chapters. Mr. Jim Shanks, Advisor from Butte Valley. We are staying at the Best Western PLUS Stovall's Inn, 1110 W. Katella Ave. Anaheim, CA 92802 Phone: 714-778-1880
Registration is $240 and we will divide the hotel room cost and depending on fundraising.
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION INCLUDES
1.	Conference Credentials (Required for entrance into General Sessions)
3.	Conference Program
4.	Conference Workshops
5.	Career Show & Agri-Science Fair
6.	Disney’s California Adventure Private Event Ticket
7.	MEAL VOUCHERS
8.	NEW!! This year we are including options for chapters to purchase meal vouchers. These vouchers can be used at all concessions and food courts in the Anaheim Convention Center.
9.	Food courts will include a variety of mobile food truck options. If you are interested in an easy way to feed your students during the convention, please consider taking advantage of the meal vouchers.
10.	AGRICULTURE TOURS
11.	Get an up-close look at your future career! Career Success Tours at the California State FFA Convention provide FFA members with a potential look at agricultural careers in eight areas. For more information visit the link below
12.	DISNEY’S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE PRIVATE EVENT
13.	We are excited to announce that the California Association FFA has entered an agreement with Disney to provide an exclusive event at Disney’s California Adventure Theme Park. The evenings schedule includes:
14.	5:00PM Guests may begin entering Disney California Adventure Park
8:45PM Nighttime spectacular takes place
9:00PM Disney California Adventure ends normal operation and closes. Only CA FFA event
15.	Guests with wristbands will be permitted to stay for exclusive event.
16.	Everyone who registers for the full conference experience or the One-Day Experience will receive the California Adventure Ticket as part of the registration cost. However, we are also extending an invitation for chapters to purchase tickets for additional students, parents, and supporters who would like to take advantage of the exclusive California Adventure Theme Park experience. Additional tickets may be purchased for $90 and will include a State FFA Conference T-shirt.
Congratulations to our Loyalton students that will be receiving their CA State FFA Degree on March 21, 2019 at CSU Chico. The State FFA Degree is awarded to FFA members who have demonstrated the highest level of commitment to the California State FFA Association and made significant accomplishments in their Supervised Agricultural Experiences (SAEs). ...
Logan Anseth Rhiannon Brooks Vincent Del Barba Candace Durney Micah Edwards Hunter Graves Brock Griffin Madison Kilmurray Bernardo Martinez Brianna Roen Zaya White ... See MoreSee Less